Thursday, September 6, 2012

Advice For Potential Future Great Dane Owners

Daddy got a call from Grandma today saying that one of Grandma's friend's has a great dane puppy that has just gotten too big for her. Mommy and Daddy said they are going to go see the puppy next week and maybe bring it home. Yay! I get another little brother or sister. Bring on the serious side I thought I'd use this opportunity to educate some future potential great dane owners.

You will not believe how many great danes end up in the pound by the time they are 6 or 7 months old. That is because by then they are so big but we're still puppies and we behave like immature puppies. By then we're about the size of an adult lab or German Shepard.

I know when a lot of people see my mommy walking me around Victoria Gardens a lot of people want a Great Dane because I'm so huge. My advice to people before you get a Great Dane is to please do your homework. Realize that when we're puppies we're the size of other adult dogs. Or as my Mommy puts it. Get ready to have a 6 foot tall 5 year old around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment