Friday, September 28, 2012

My First Therapy Dog Assignment

So yesterday Mom wakes up bright and early and puts me in the car. I knew where I was going, a school. Mom's been telling me for weeks.

After we drive and drive and drive we arrive at this school and Curtis was there to meet us.

There's me

But I wasn't the only therapy dog there.

From left to right: Slyer a Havanese, Bucky a Shih-Tsu, and Percie a Labradoodle

A Boxer named Jill

There was also a Schnauzer named Bella. (Not my sister)

So we all meet Curtis and Curtis arranges the order we will go in. Curtis said I would go in last because the kids would love me the most. As soon as Curtis called my name Mom and I walked in and you should have heard the jaws drop of the students. The students and teachers were so amazed that Curtis had Mom parade me in front of the first row of students.

So after the school assembly we all individually get to go to the classrooms. Guess who was in such high demand? So instead I go to the gym so the students get a chance to pet me.

Curtis is asking me to sit

Getting petted.

Curtis said the school might ask us to come back in a few months. I can't wait. Maybe next time Bella, my sister not the Schnauzer, will be done with her training and can join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment