Thursday, May 31, 2012

Long Beach Dane Meetup

Sunday I went to the Long Beach Great Dane Meetup.  Mom and Dad got up kind of early but not too early.  Both cone head Bella and I were taken outside quickly in first thing and then rushed into the car.  This has only happened a couple of times and the first time I remember was the Great Dane Meetup in Claremont.  Well sure enough Mom and Dad took both the running lamp shade and I to another Meetup.  This Great Dane Meetup was at Recreation Park Dog Park in Long Beach.  This is a nice park with a lot of room to run around and quite a bit of stuff to play around.  There were logs, metal structures, and of course other Danes!!!  There were a couple of Danes I have met before and a few I had not.  Lucy (Giant George's sister) and a fawn named Maggie were there.  There were also five other Danes that I met for the first time.  Three of them were harlequin, one mantle, one was another blue merle like myself only smaller.  The three harlequins were named Maggie, Lucy, and Bodhi.  Yes if you have kept track that makes two Lucy's and two Maggie's.  Try and keep that straight.  The Mantle dane was Panda while the other blue merle was Moxie.  Now that is a few M's for me to try and keep straight when Dad says a name, Maggie, Moxie, Maimai, and Maggie.  Wow too confusing sometimes.  I think it is time that I show a couple of pictures of how things went.

Almost all of us together.  Only Panda was missing.  Come on everyone can't we even take one group photo?

Lucy and Maggie playing with a Lab that was at the park.  Silly people Labs are not big dogs!

Maggie and Moxie.  Don't get confused here I am bigger than both of them!

Bella and I in the middle of the park.

Bella and I trying to figure out where everyone went too...

Well there are a couple of them.  Some of the Dane owners could not stay and they took their friends away too soon.
All around it was fun to get around everyone again.  I can't wait to see all my friends again next Sunday at Huntington Dog Beach.  But wait a minute, I still have two more pictures.  Oh that is right there was something fun just outside the dog park as well.




Outside the dog park there is a Casting Club.  Mom was confused about this but I know that this is just a shallow pond for me to play in!!!  I had a lot of fun in the water but I did have to make sure Bella stayed out of the water.  Although it was shallow for me it was more than deep enough for her to have problems.  I am sure glad that Mom kept her back.  There was only one small problem with this pond, it had a slippery bottom!!  I was lucky to have stayed on all four feet but splashing around in the water was a lot of fun as well.

I know that I have a couple of more fun posts coming up soon so check back with me in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment